Sunday, February 18, 2007

my day of sloth

Michael and I escaped Tatuine this week for a few days. We left for the big city....Salem, Oregon. Michael had work meetings there and I decided to just tag along. We took Sadie with us and left Audrey and Reese at grandma Blodgett's house.

Well, you see, I had big plans for shopping and eating myself silly. Michael had meetings all day on Thurs. and Friday, so i would be all alone (with Sadie) for most of the days. Then Thursday morning rolled in and Michael left for his meeting....and I slept...slept...rolled over and slept again. I finally pulled myself out of bed around 11 and leisurely took a shower and got dressed and slowly applied my makeup and took my time to curl my hair. (i looked good!) I then proceded to get back into bed and turn on the television. My plans of exploring the town and shopping were put on the back burner as I started to enjoy a day of NOTHING to do. (In my defense, it was raining very hard all day). I felt pangs of guilt every so often, for doing nothing but laying around and watching t.v. but they didn't last long. yes, i did have Sadie...but she is so quiet and she still sleeps a lot so it was almost like i was alone.
so, i had a slothful day...a day of rest....a day of complete waste and leisure....a day of watching WAY too much t.v. (i am glad that we don't have cable!)

and i completely loved it!

and i don't regret it.

Michael and I went to the outlet mall the next day and I did do a little shopping. we ate out together for dinners...and he even took me for a ride to see the state capital... it looks hauntingly like a temple...
(we also drove by the mental institution and the prison)
It was a nice little getaway for me. It seems like I got caught up with myself and my sanity and was able to slow down and breathe. And that is exactly what I needed.
Of course I missed Audrey and Reese terribly so when i arrived at my mother's house i was expecting big hugs and kisses. i mean, we had been gone for almost 3 days....however that is not how it went down. they were in the bath and when they saw me, they just blankly starred at me. they were disappointed to see me (at first.) OUCH! Not what I was expecting at all!

its was really okay tho, we got to talking and then they were happy to see me. but they really loved their time with grandma and grandpa. so i was glad. it is nice to be able to live by parents! THANKS MOM!!

so, i took pictures of the kids when we got back.


Audrey and Reese really missed their sister...it was cute.

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

very cute pictures. And good for you for taking a break for yourself! I totally get those same guilty feelings when I do nothing on vacation. I'm always so busy that it feels weird to just lay around but it is so nice!!! Your body just needed a huge break!! For some reason, after a break it's just easier to get back into life and do everything again. I'm glad you guys had fun. Let's plan a vacation to go on sometime together!!!!

angie said...

Your "slothful" day sounds fun! I love the pictures too.

Lesley said...

Sounded like a great vacation Janelle! I am proud of you! Way to lay around and take it easy-you deserved it! (I like to tell myself that a lot-sometimes too much). It is so great to get away sometimes. I loved the pics too! They are all so cute!

MishMyBelle said...

I am glad you got to escape from the Tri-cities and relax! I think you need days like that every once in a while!

Amy said...

That's nice you were able to get away for awhile. I'm sure mom was in Heaven while she tended to your children. She loves it.