Tuesday, July 8, 2008

my cali trip 2008

Our California trip was fun of course....some of my favorite moments of the trip....

*SWIM, SWIM, SWIM!!! Reese and Audrey learned how to swim and they both hold their breath and can swim underwater now! AWESOME!!!!
*Sharon and Larry are so thoughtful and great with the kids. And the kids just have a wonderful time with them and love them so much.


*Going to the beach!! The water was cold, but it is always so amazing to me to see the coast. I enjoyed burring Reese and Sadie (they sat still for like 10 minutes)...
Dad took Audrey and Reese out on the boogie board and the both "surfed" some waves. They loved it!


*The fourth of July was really fun. We went to a parade and the Huff's had a block party with bbq and a fun bounce slide. I know that I shouldn't laugh when Reese makes this 'Grinch' face, but it just cracks me up....



*We took all the kids to the Long Beach aquarium. It was fun and the kids got to pet sting rays and sharks....something we don't see much of here in k-town.

*I LOVED being outside in the sun and getting tan and swimming in the pool. My hair turned green on the last day of our trip from all the chlorine.

*Sadie slept on the plane ride there, but on the way home, she yelled the whole way.
*Sadie is fearless, she is a climber and adventurous. All 3 of my kids have been like that...weird.
We had a wonderful time! Thank you for all the sun and sand!

3 comments:

karen said...

glad you had fun !!!! good pictures... long beach is an awesome place, isn't it ?? my work had a christmas party there the year we moved to tx ( when chris was in wa w/ you guys).. is sadie jumping on the bed ? can't really tell :) nice tan !!!!

krisha said...

For some reason tans just make you feel a little better about the way you look. We have a splash pool I take the kids to down the street and I get to catch some rays while they swim. I miss the beach so much!!!!

D-dawg said...

What a blast Janelle! How fun that you guys got to do so much swimming and going to the beach- I love the beach so much. You do look so tan now!! That last pic of Sadie makes me nervous. She is a daredevil!