Monday, December 15, 2008

my first nutcracker



Audrey and I went to the Nutcracker ballet this year. Michael bought Audrey tickets for her b-day. It was actually suprisingly very good. The costumes and stage sets were pretty amazing. The dancing was wonderful. Both Audrey and I were mesmorized by the ballerinas. My favorite part with the Land of Snow. Audrey actually sat still and watched the whole thing. It was a little over 2 hours long. I think I might have nightmares about the Rat King. That costume was a little creepy.... but it was fun to spend time alone with audrey. She is turning into a little woman...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun! I can't wait to take Kate.

MollyE said...

That is so cute! I love her dress. Can you believe how our kids are growing up? It is just crazy.

karen said...

you two look so much alike (to me !).. did you try to make the pettiskirt ? i kept putting it off.. i need to finish it before elsa turns one next month so i can use it for her one year photo shoot..

how nice of michael to get audrey tickets. it sounds like she had fun. maybe she'll be a dancer when she grows up ? :)

Terilyn said...

I wonder if we were at the same performance? I took Mykie, Jeremy and Brigam this year with Brenda W and her boys. It's a fun tradition. Mykie and I have been doing it since she was 4 years old. She was dressed a little differently than Audrey for her first time. She wore a pair of jeans and hiking boots along with a pink tutu and a "magic" wand. It was hard not to laugh, but I told her she could wear what she wanted.

Taunya said...

How fun! I debated taking my girls this year, but it never happened. Im glad you guys had a good time together.

Sara said...

ok... so did you notice the girl that kinda looks like me and her partner that looks like her... in the party scene? That was my brother and sister. My sister Torrie has been in the Nutcracker seriously every year since she was 7.... I am glad you enjoyed it... it's a good thing for kids!