Tuesday, November 10, 2009

my jane's blessing day





Jane's blessing day was nice. Grandma Hazel, my mom, and evan came to our sacrament. Michael gave her a sweet blessing. Our hometeachers helped Michael bless. This was (another)day when I missed my big dad being here. Bro. Chan got up later and bore his testimony about how he felt the presence of family passed and how he felt that there were "grandpa's" here watching over us that day. I knew he was talking about us and I didn't care if it seemed weird. I really wanted to believe what he said and I was thankful that he verbalized those feelings. I know people have terrible tragic lives and I have it pretty good, but I miss my dad and it makes me sad.

6 comments:

dots said...

Jane looks like she has so much to say. My dad has always been more open to spirits...sometimes too much. Your dad loves you, of course he was there. He knows Jane and maybe had to reassure her that you guys are great :)Mike gave her a lovely blessing.

karen said...

so cute !! i can't decide who jane looks like.. you look good after having 4 kids !! i'm in a NEED of a MAJOR makeover..

jenbahrens said...

Janelle--I've felt that way at certain times since Dad's death. I'm sure he was too. I wish I could have been there. Her dress is beautiful.

krisha said...

I love the pictures. She is too cute. She looks like a happy content baby. My mother in law is close to the other side and she says that family past is involved in everything we do and not only do they watch but the participate too. So in actuallity I think your dad was there in the circle to help give Jane her blessing. I think that the other side is closer than we will ever truely realize!

David and Jenny said...

Janelle, that picture of you and Jane is BEAUTIFUL!

D-dawg said...

Very nice pictures of you guys. I bet big moments like that will alway be bitter sweet and I'm sorry. I know your Dad was there. It just wouldn't be "heaven" if they couldn't be near the people they love don't you think?

love you.