Tuesday, November 6, 2007

my black hole

I have a pretty bad library track record. I have lost a book or two and turned countless books in late and thus, piling fine after fine into my account. They have yet to revoke my card. So, I finally got my library account all cleaned out and resolved all my money issues. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for a 'free' service. So, I was determined to keep my record clean. But of course, it didn't last and I lost this book...


I went on an obsessive rampage looking EVERYWHERE in my house. I pulled beds, couches, and drawers apart. I couldn't rest. I thought about where else I could possibly look, when I wasn't looking.
I hate paying double for something that was free.

I guess, I should keep better track of my checked out items.

Do you ever feel like an item in your house has just fallen into some black hole? Or that it has been dissolved in the fabric of time.? Can items become invisible or can they simply implode and turn into dust?
I could not fatham what had happened to this book. I had looked in every nook and cranny.

I almost convinced myself that the book just vanished until one day, I discovered it behind a bookcase in our "office" room...the ONE bookcase I did not obsessivly pull out and look behind until days later.

ahhhhhhhhhh, a huge sigh of relief. my mind can rest.

7 comments:

dots said...

I did the same thing once...looked EVERYWHERE!! Finally resolved to pay it and then we visited my mom, and she pulled out this little bag with books that the girls had brought up one Sunday...and TA-DAH...there was the book...UGH!!

D-dawg said...

I know how you feel. Things just disappear. It baffles my mind. For instance I am missing 2 lovely pieces of jewelry. I have searched my home so many times! There has to a black hole somewhere! I'm glad you found that book. And don't feel bad about the fines. I am the same.

Lesley said...

I totally know how you feel! I am so glad that you found it though and you don't have to pay double for it! Way to come clean with the library!

Jenna Wood said...

I plan on losing at least one book per summer. My oldest lost a book from the school library when she was in first grade and we have never found it.

One book I paid for over the phone, hung up the phone and found the book. Unfortunately, the weren't able to refund my restocking fee.

AH, the ups and downs of using the library.

Katherine said...

We are missing 2 butter knifes, 2 of my purses (the ones I actually use), and our VCR remote. It's utterly mind-boggling. I'm glad you finally found the book.

Katherine said...

oh yeah, cool layout. I love the, "say it ain't so."

Taunya said...

Haha! Your blog is always so entertaining to read, Janelle! I'm so glad you found your book and your new, clean library record was able to stay clean! :)