Wednesday, January 30, 2008

my little peanut


Sadie after a delicious peanut butter sandwich. I just thought her smile was so cute in this I didn't want it to go to waste. I can see past all of the sticky, gross peanut butter... can you?

When I was younger, I did not understand why mothers allowed their children to leave the house with untidy hair, a kool-aid mustache or a runny nose, or maybe even perhaps, dare I say, mismatched clothes. I mean, isn't that a mother's job (job being undefined here & used very loosely), to make sure her children are presentable and clean?

Enter exhibit A, B, & C:

.....

I do take care of my darlings, but I DO allow them to get messy too!




4 comments:

dots said...

SO CUTE!!! You're a much more patient mom to allow them to explore their creative side...I think my kids creativity is pretty much squashed...

Lesley said...

Very cute! I love all the pictures and think you are a great mom to let them get a little messy! I have to say that I love Audrey's tutu! So funny! She is such a crackup! Glad you are back!

Katherine said...

Yeah, I missed you! That picture of Audrey is hilarious! Your kids are so cute.

D-dawg said...

SO CUTE! I love it. I love that you let your kids get messy. I think kids learn so much through getting messy and really getting to play and feel things and touch etc. It is so fun too. I'm glad you're back Janelle, I've missed you!