Wednesday, May 28, 2008

my new shoes

I purchased these shoes thinking they were cute. I have really been into browns and greens lately, so these "walking" shoes were right up my alley. I only wear them to exercise. I wore them to the park with the kids, we were meeting Michael after work. I wore them with some white socks....see picture below...
When we met up with Michael, he asked me were my hacky-sack was. Now, that might not be funny to any of you, but it is a big joke with me and my husband. My husband being a surfer from southern cali does not understand the hacky-sack, granola, socks & sandals, flannel shirt mentality. a.k.a. the North westerners. I do not really understand this idealism either, so, needless to say, Michael's comment was a little bit of a jab. I knew that the white ankle socks did not really compliment my shoes, but that was all I had. I rarely wear socks of any kind....ever.

So, I still like these shoes. But how do you wear darker shoes with socks? (w/o looking like a member of the "spindoctors")?

7 comments:

MollyE said...

no idea, maybe just wear them with some long elastic waistband pants. Oh, I had to tell you that I got that Weezer song on my ipod and it is an awesome workout song. Totally what I needed this week.

karen said...

Chris brought those socks. They're kinda below your ankle and you can't see socks when you wear tennis shoes... You could try it?...

dots said...

my mom & kaylee wear those no show socks...they'd probably work...i'm one who wears socks with my "hawaii" flip flops...be comfy!! i'm beginning to take on my sis's attitude of "i'm sob, don't mind me" (straight off boat...from china)...

You Are My Fave said...

I'm sorry Janelle, Michael's comment was totally justified. It's not as bad as Ryan walking around with gym shorts and dress socks. I just wear the short socks like Karen suggested. They make your legs look skinnier too.

D-dawg said...

Yeah, I do the ankle socks too. Michael cracks me up!!! I love the shoes though, they're super cute and look so comfy. Sometimes after a long day of flip flops my feet hurt and I love to put on nice comfy shoes. I want yours.

MollyE said...

OK, I had to take the celebrity post off because I just wasn't happy with it. I really needed to express my true obsession with Christian and Gwyneth. And, yes, really! Don't even mess with my Gwyneth. I put the post back into draft mode and I am going to put it out again.

Annette Rose said...

Those shoes are totally cute. I like the really short ankle socks that barely cover your ankles. I'm the same way, I only own socks that I wear to excericse. Otherwise, I am always in sandals. They are super cute though!