Saturday, May 24, 2008

my wonderful job

I have been pondering the awesomeness which is motherhood. It is amazing how much my children can fill my heart. So many times I can see and focus on my flaws, but my children are always there to smother me with their love. I can yell and lose my patience with my kids and they will be so quick to forgive me. They do not hold a grudge. They completely and utterly want me. They NEED me. They think I am the most beautiful person in the world. I can do anything. I KNOW everything. I SEE everything. I am strong. I am a magician. I can make them happy. They want to be close to me all the time. They want hugs. They want kisses. They want to tell me everything.
Some days it is hard for me to see all of this love and attention through the daily "noise". I get tired of constantly fulfilling their every need. I become impatient with their outbursts and demands.... But I know that as they grow older their want of me will fade and they will learn to be angry and to blame me for many of their problems. I am sad for these days to come. So for now, I want to soak up every ounce of love and embrace from my three biggest fans.





9 comments:

Amy said...

Those are very creative picture Janelle. You're such an artist.

MollyE said...

Beautifully said, a great reminder. Here I am going on about ice cream and you are just out there being poetic and artsy and awesome.

jenbahrens said...

I loved the beautiful thoughts and pictures of your children. Thanks for the reminder to savor the moments we have with young children.

D-dawg said...

It's so true Janelle, they grow up fast and for now we should be loving it that they want us. Thanks for the reminder!

krisha said...

Aidan likes to call me his best momy ever. I always fail to mention that I am his only mommy but who needs to dwell on that

dots said...

nice pics...what were they watching?

Lesley said...

Good thoughts-I needed to hear that since I have been complaining a lot about pregnancy and motherhood lately. And I loved the pictures. So pretty of all 3 of them. WOW! They are so cute. It was fun to see you and them for the little bit that we did Sunday.

grandma said...

Your children show the love and affection they get from you by passing it on in their hugs and ssmiles. YOU ARE A GOOD MOM, Janelle

Jose Ferreiro said...

All the best. I loved your post.