Wednesday, August 26, 2009

my fair






The Benton Franklin County Fair and Rodeo...baby!! This is always a fun time. We went with our good friends the Gales again and perused the stands and booths. I was 9 months pregnant and hoped that a day walking in the sun and standing on my feet would jump start my labor, but no such luck. The highlight for the kids was getting cotton candy and going on a ride. 1 ride is never enough, they want more, MORE more! The highlight for me was the "Beach Boys" concert at night. That was wonderful. They played all the songs I grew up on and it was the first time since my dad's death that I felt a semblance of happy. Michael worked at the book mobile and we got to hang out with him and eat elephant ears:) The walk to the car was awful, in the dust and gravel and we were all exhausted by the end of the day, but it was worth it.

No comments: