Wednesday, September 16, 2009

my lovely hospital stay


Here we are...finally the day! My doctor scheduled me for an induction on Sept. 16 2009. He felt like the baby was big and due to previous large babies, decided to go ahead and try to have the baby a week early. I was dilated to almost a 4 and was 75% effaced. So my body was headed in that direction. They started me on pitocen and slowly upped the dosage. I got an epidural pretty early on just b/c the anaesthesiologist was available at the time. They eventually broke my water and abt. 9 hours later I was at the pushing stage. I pushed for only about 10 minutes and I had a wonderful 10 pound 2 oz. baby. Jane Roberta was a very smooth delivery considering her size. She came out looking wonderful and healthy and I am so thankful for that. She was born at 9:21 pm and was 21 inches long. She started nursing pretty well and was very content. What a sweetie!


so haggard!

pretty lips:)









1 comment:

Annette Rose said...

She's beautiful! Where have I been? I didn't even know you were having a baby! How are you! Congrats