Tuesday, October 20, 2009

my hair DON'T


I don't know why I think I can just touch up my roots myself. 90% of the time when I buy my own hair color it turns into a disaster. When will I learn?? The words witch, goth, vampira, morticia, etc. come to mind when I look at myself. I have hidden my identity out of shear embarrassment. I went from blond with about 1/2 inch of medium brown roots, to blue black. After 5 washes (3 with baking soda) it is now black w/a hint of red. I cant believe how off the color was. I wanted a brown...I got suckered into the Chris Rock movie 'Hair' thinking, why am I always fighting to be blond? Then I saw a lot of pretty brunettes on Sunday. So I went and bought some medium (so I thought) brown to dissipate some of the blond and hide my growing roots. But the outcome of my good intentions was not as expected...of course...blackness. And I do not see the light. (literally)
My only hope is to continue to wash, and wash and wash and will one day see some semblance of brown again. I can hope. But for now, I am just glad that it is Halloween next week. I will fit right in...to the night. (I included this picture to demonstrate how my hair fades into the background, is it hair anymore? or has it become its own entity)

4 comments:

karen said...

Your post made me laugh-- BUT you look good in annyy color !! I'd love to dye my hair dark brown, but it will look bad on me. Remember one time we dyed half of your hair blue !! That was a fun one. What does Michael think of your hair?

krisha said...

Remember in HS when we tried to dye our hair crazy colors?? I don't think that it looks black and I like it - i wouldn't lie!

janellelee said...

krisha, i so remember that. didnt you get purple? i got a red...that was fun!

Sara said...

you are so funny... at least your not dyeing to cover up greys like me... be thankful!