Friday, October 16, 2009

my new favorite hobby...


I have become obsessed with crochet this summer and I LOVE it. Thanks to Grandma Hazel who taught us the basic single crochet and chain stitch. I took it from there and really learned how to do a lot on my own. I need something to do all the time. I like to be busy while I watch TV at night, then I don't feel so bad that I am wasting time. I've made beenies, booties, embelished burp clothes, flowers...I especially love these cute little animals. I am still an amature, so I can see all my mistakes. The little owl is my favorite so far.




6 comments:

karen said...

So cute !! You did an awesome job. Glad to see your blog is up and running ! I can't believe how the kids are growing up !! Last time I saw audrey was when she was two and half!

krisha said...

Personally I like the bear. Glad your catching up on your blogging. I was really touched by your posts about your dad. You wrote about him in such a way that you could really sense your love for him. He was a good Man!
Lots of Love your way!
Krisha

dots said...

The owl is very cute...maybe you could do balls next...Mike's great-great grandma made a bazillion balls that the kids have a fun time with...ball wars...

You Are My Fave said...

I'm so glad you're back! And I'm super impressed with your skills. The owl is my fave too.

We just got a new camera. It's a Canon Powershot S5 IS. We got it refurbished so it was a little cheaper and we're so happy with it.

D-dawg said...

WOW great job. You have good skills. That looks so hard. They are super adorable. If I lived closer I would have you teach me.

Sara said...

adorable... I love it... I don't have the patience!