Monday, February 12, 2007

my kids toys

as i child i really liked strawberry shortcake and rainbow brite...now as an adult i am passing that on to my children. all the toys that i enjoyed as a youth are coming back full circle. audrey got a strawberry shortcake doll for christmas, reese got a care bear for his birthday, we got my little ponies etc. etc. ..but do you ever find yourself more excited than your child to "play" with his/her toys? for instance...audrey received a polly pockets set for her birthday and i think that i
enjoy it more than she does.

i am looking on ebay for more outfits and more sets to buy. and i always look at walmart/target to see if any of that product has gone on sale. is that sad? no, this is sad...when you actually take the time and effort to learn a cheesy song that polly and her rock band sing on their website. i could recite it for you, i really could. (it is kinda catchy) but i digress...is it sad or is it taking an interest in your child's playtime?
now in that same vein, Michael has become obsessed with the geo trax train set that the kids got for christmas from the huffs. he is always wanting to set it up and he has bought more additions . he has their website in his favorites. and just yesterday he told me he was daydreaming about a new way to set the tracks up. and i know that he also checks the stores for new parts or sets of the geo trax line.

michael refused to be pictured with the track set up. he said he will pose with the trax when he can buy another set. i think he wants the city trax next.
i guess we need other hobbies....
sadie got a new toy too that she seemed happy about. she was looking at the dangley things and smiling. it was really cute! she doesnt look to thrilled in this picture but she really did like it!

4 comments:

angie said...

Toys are fun! And yes, I have been way more excited to play with some of my kids toys then them! Right now I am loving Kameron's electric scooter- it goes so fast (up to 25mph)and I feel like a kid again!

D-dawg said...

the geotrax look super fun, I know Dave would love them too. As for Polly pockets... they are really fun. I love the way their clothes come on and off so easily! They are a great toy for sacrament meeting too.

jenbahrens said...

I think you and Michael are cool for playing with your kids' toys. I myself love cabbage patch clothes and little people. Ron plays with legos. Thanks for being so good about your blog Janelle--I love hearing about you and your family!

Amy said...

That's great that you and Micheal are able to play with your kids and their toys. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing with my childrens toys someday. In fact, during my senior year of high school my classmates voted me "most likely to be seen playing with a toy."