Thursday, February 22, 2007

my summer itch


this is audrey's attempt at being a "glitter, fairy princess". and i love reese b/c he is too cool for school!

so, it was super warm this last weekend and we walked to the park w/o coats...i mean, it was almost into the 60's. it was a beautiful day. and the kids loved it! it felt like spring was here. they are so desperate to play outside. anytime i leave the house to run errands, they all make a break for the yard or the neighbor's house. they run around giggling and excited and i literally have to chase them down (which is not a pretty picture for me w/all my extra body weight flay ling and jiggling to and fro), and a lot of times these events end in "time outs" b/c i am unable to motivate them to return to the florescent lights or the small confined space of our car. they just don't want to give up the outdoors. i don't blame them. we have been in our small 3 bedroom for 3-4 months. we want fresh air, we want to feel the sun on our faces, we desire to run free and not be chilled to the bone, or blasted with arctic winds.


so anytime it is semi warm we take full advantage. after this weekend i went to the store and bought the kids sunglasses and new flip flops. they were so excited!



it was a little overcast this day, but not as cold..."we're takin' it to the streets".

4 comments:

Lesley said...

How funny Janelle! I love it! Reese does look so "cool" and Audrey looks so cute! I am ready for spring too! I reach a point during these winter months where I just need to get out and be outside and take walks and stuff! I am so jealous that it was in the 60s in Kennewick!

angie said...

cute pictures! I love Audrey's face covering! i too just bought my girls flip flops and it has been warm here too. The boys have been in heaven playing outside and today we put up our trampoline! Yay! Winter is hard with trying to keep kids occupied. It is suppose to snow again tomarrow- boo hoo!

D-dawg said...

Those pictures crack me up. Audrey is such a little princess. We also have the summer itch. I hate being cooped up. I have the same problem with my kids escaping out the front door. They can go in the back whenever they want but when I open the front door for any reason they all take off running!!!

MishMyBelle said...

I can't say this enough..your kids are so cute! Audrey kind of cracks me up. She is a girl with a lot of personality. I am ready for summer too! I am just fortunate that New York has had a very mild winter.