Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MY MISSIONARY PROBLEM


So, the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are officially after me. They tracked our old neighborhood at least once a month....I would be nice and listen to their scripture and take their pamphlet because I always feel bad for OUR missionaries and never want anyone to be rude to them. So, I am not rude to any missionaries that come to my door.

We moved into our new home at the end of June and we have had three visits from the JW's since then. I feel so annoyed every time I answer my door and see the 2 ladies standing there, but I just smile thru my clenched teeth b/c I know that my brothers,sister, and husband have served missions and have knocked on many a door....
I tried the "oh, I am very firm in my religion" bit, but they only asked what religion I was...of course, I replied "LDS".
So just today I got a repeat missionary visit...AGAIN. It was the same 2 ladies that have come to my house before. They REMEMBERED ME. They must have written down my name and everything I said b/c she said, "Oh, I talked to you a couple of weeks ago, Michele, RIGHT?"

I was like uhhhhhhhhhh...no.
she said, "well, last time we talked about raising children...blah blah blah. I am sure that you get helpful information from your church...you are mormon, right?"

i said...uhhhhhhhhhh, yes....

she said..."how are your THREE children?"

i said "fine" with a total look of bewilderment on my face...like...what are you doing?

she said, "well, here is another pamphlet that helps with child rearing with reference to the bible...blah blah blah."

I reiterated to the JW's AGAIN that I am very faithful to my religion and do not intend to leave my church and am not interested in any other religion.

But, THEY WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

After I finished telling her that, she SAID...that they would stop by in a couple of weeks to make sure things were going well.

I said, "Oh that is okay, no need"

THEY HAVE MARKED MY HOUSE. THEY WILL NOT BE DETERRED. I will never be safe again. I am officially on the JW target scope. They have zeroed in on me and are going to try to convert me.

What should I do? I don't want to be rude b/c they know I am LDS. And again, I feel sorry for missionaries...that is a hard job to do...but I feel they won't take no for an answer. But they are so ANNOYING!

HELP ME!

BTW: We do not have a peep hole on our front door, perhaps that is the key. I just need to get one so I can see who is ringing my bell before I open the door.

UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

4 comments:

dots said...

Hmmm...you need to give them a Book of Mormon...maybe they'll back off then...I think they're afraid of it, my mom tried to give one to a JW during our garage sale, he totally backed away from her and kept shaking his head...

angie said...

That is so hard janelle. I think it is awesome that you have been nice and listened politly etc. I think that was the right thing to do, but now that they are "visitng in a couple of weeks" that is a little too much! Hmmmm... what does Michael think?

D-dawg said...

Janelle! My only advice is to forcefully tell them that you were only trying to be nice in listening to them but that you are absolutely NOT INTERESTED! Easier said than done. Sometimes when my doorbell rings I hush up my children, and tiptoe over to the door and peep through the peephole. I'm sure the person can hear me but I don't answer if I don't want to. You are a nice person though for listening to them! Good lcuck!

Unknown said...

Janelle make sure you have a copy of The Family A Proclamation to the World. Set a pretty basket with copies in it out on your porch by the door with a note to "Please Take One".
My philosophy is: I'm polite and listen to what they have to say, are they willing to listen to what I have to share too. Your message can touch their spirits too. Be a good missionary mom right from your front door!