Friday, May 18, 2007

my trip to the O.C.

(AAHHHH, back to blogging!)
Oh, wow...this was such a fun trip! We did so many things and the kids had such a great time.
The Huff's were amazing! My favorite part of the trip (besides the beach) was not having to cook or clean and having lots of help for the kids. The traveling wasn't too bad considering that we left at 2a.m. Reese had some issues a few times at the airport and on the plane that got us a few looks. But he was trying hard not to scream (I think). Coming back, he thought that the plane was going to fall out of the sky.
We went and saw a church production of Beauty and the Beast, we went to Disneyland, we went to the beach, we swam, we shopped...it was so fun and relaxing! Basically I took about 300+ pictures and I am a little overwhelmed with weeding through them right now. So here are a VERY few that I uploaded.



The beach was my favorite part of the trip! The kids just LOVED IT! They could run free and clear. They found shells and dug in the sand. Audrey got in the water and splashed around but Reese was content digging.



The Huff's were such greats hosts and made the trip just GREAT! I am lucky to have such thoughtful in-laws!

Disneyland of course was amazing! We got there at opening and stayed until the parade. By the end of the day, the kids were basically being dragged to rides and they weren't enjoying it as much. They loved the parade! WE DID EVERYTHING THERE (that the kids could go on).



The kids really loved the toon-town and walking thru the little Mickey and Minnie houses. Audrey loved the Goofy roller coaster.

My favorite part was seeing the princesses. They were so beautiful and all talked with a really high pitched voice. They were so cute and graceful. (i totally look preg-ers in the Arial photo. YIKES!!!!)



Audrey and Reese really loved the dumbo ride and the teacup ride. They liked anything that was fast. Audrey said her favorite ride was the its a small world. There was just so much to do and look at, that they both got overwhelmed at times. The lines weren't bad at all.
We did other things too that were great, but this is the seriously abridged version of our trip. It was wonderful. I wasn't quite ready to come back, (neither were the kids) but when we got back here, the weather was beautiful. So that helped out a lot.
I am sure that I am going to post many more favorite photos of the trip, but I just wanted to start. I have missed reading every one's blogs and I am ready to get back into the swing of things!

6 comments:

D-dawg said...

YES! You're back! Did you just post this and here I am already?? Ok, so, you're trip to the OC looks fabulous! The beach is the greatest place for kids for play and explore. Audrey's hair looks really cute by the way. The princesses at Disneyland are the best and you met a different Arial than we did! Did Audrey love her? It looks like you did not have Sadie with you there... which is kindof nice cause you could probably do way more. Your in-laws do seem so great and Michaels brother is his TWIN!!! I"m so glad you had a good time. There is definitely something called post trip blues that I experience every time I get home from somewhere but I"m glad when you got back the weather was nice. I missed your blogs! I can't wait for more pictures!

Lesley said...

Janelle! I am so happy that you are back! I am glad that you had a fun trip! It looks like it was a lot of fun! How long were you gone for? The beach looks amazing right now and Disneyland looked like a blast! I love Audrey's face in the picture with Mickey! SO cute! Yes, I agree with Denae that Michael's brother is his twin! WOW! I couldn't believe it! Can't wait for more pics!!! I love looking at all of them so please post them all!

Katherine said...

Oh I'm so glad you guys had so much. I am seriously jealous when I look at all the pictures of the beach and of Disneyland! I miss Orange County. I'm glad you're back!

Katherine said...

oops, I meant that to say "so much fun." :)

karen said...

Glad you had fun. I know that Larry & Sharon loved having you guys in Calif w/ them. The kids keeps on growing up !!

angie said...

Yay! I have missed your blogs! I am glad you are back! Michaels brother is his twin! I agree with everyone and Pete was even up here looking at pics with me and he thinks so too! We want to go back to Disneyland. It really is so fun! It looks like your kids had a blast. I miss the beach too!