Tuesday, July 17, 2007

my mothering skills

I have to do some major baby-proofing in our new home. Sadie has become mobile and we are still unpacking and organizing. (I think this task will take quite a while). But the other day I happened upon my baby playing with a large plastic bag and a small rubber ball. Please, no one call social services. I was actually working on my bedroom and she was in there with me, and immediatly went for the most dangerous items that I had just thrown in the corner. Why are babies drawn to danger??

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

That ball is the size of her mouth! She is so funny and cute. And you are NOT a bad mother. All homes have little "chokies" lying around especially when you have older children. Tell Audrey and Reese that Sadie could DIE if they leave their little stuff out and then maybe they'll help you keep it picked up. Good luck though... it is a life time struggle.

Lesley said...

Janelle, I hear you! I really don't understand why they go for the most dangerous things either. Haley loves the fans and will try and stick her fingers in them as well as the outlets! I need to start baby proofing too! Good luck! She sure is a doll!

dots said...

You're not a bad mom, but...um... ...maybe you shouldn't take time to take a picture!! J/K :P

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is going to be a weird comment, but I was reading denau's blog (it's hilarious) and I noticed your blog and clicked on it. When I saw the first picture I was surprised because I grew up with your husband! Please tell Mike hello from Julie Tanner! Your family is beautiful!

MishMyBelle said...

hey!! I got your message and will email you. I am excited for the reunion 08 plans! I maybe deleted your comment...you got to be more careful for a public audience :) haha! Families are great...I am glad you got the scoop the other night!! I am sad I wasn't there to hang out at grandma's!