Monday, July 9, 2007

my summer so far...



We have been really busy with the move and getting unpacked in our new awesome house...sometimes I feel like it is never going to be done...but that's another story. So I have tried to completely ignore my computer(which has only been connected for less than a week) so I would not burn precious hours reading everyone's blogs. Because I have a tendency to become obsessed, I need to just leave the internet off. But, I can stay away no longer...

Amy and Riley came to K-town for the 4th and we had a super fun time with them and all the festivities. We went to the parade, had a BBQ with all the Blodgetts&Mickelsens and then did fireworks at my parent's house that night. It was such a great day and week.

At the parade...



Brad and Evan were the "pirotechnics" of our 4th celebration...




Reese is buried between Amy&Riley, afraid of the loud noise...

One of the highlights for me was swimming in Curtis's pool...this is so nostalgic for me. We have been going over there every summer for 25 years. The Curtis family is so wonderful!



Amy doing a "skater" kick off the diving board....


In the pool Reese is so unafraid, he was so funny and awesome to watch. He does not hesitate to jump off the diving board or slide down the slide. He is such a fish! On the other hand, Audrey was slightly afraid to do those things.


Sadie is such a doll!...

Amy and Evan racing...Riley is basically the only sports influence my kids have had thus far in their short lives...
We are going to miss the Cooks! I am desperatly trying to persuade them to move here to good ol' K-town! (c'mon, you know you want too!)

9 comments:

dots said...

Looks like you all had great fun over the holidays!! Sadie is getting so big!! I'm with you on the blog surfing...way too much time, but so much fun!

karen said...

Looks like a lot of fun !! :) Sadie is so cute. Reese looks so cute jumping off the board !!

Taunya said...

So excited to get to know you guys better through your fun blog! Great pics!

D-dawg said...

Janelle! The Curtis' pool is so great and I"m so happy you got to swim there. Memories of childhood! I love the slide and diving board. Also the race picture is so fun. I love your family and I love when we have big family races. I wish we could all be together more. We need pictures of your house now that you're getting settled.

Lesley said...

Yeah! What a fun time over the 4th and with Amy and Riley! I wish we could have come over to K town too but Jared had to work the next day! :( I am so excited that you are all moved in to your new house! How exciting!!!!!!! Janelle, your kids are so adorable! I loved all of these pictures! Sadie is so pretty just like her mom! Glad you're back! I love that you are hooked on Settlers too! Way to win!

D-dawg said...

One more comment... you and Amy look a lot alike... I know I've said that before. And also I love the pic of Reese hugging Amy's leg so tight! Oh and whose legs are those doing handstands in the water? That is a funny picture.

angie said...

I love all the pics too janelle! I love reese hugging Amy's leg- so cute! The Curtis pool- so many memories. They have always been so good to let us come over! Who would have thought that now your children will have memories there?!

jenbahrens said...

I can't wait to beat you in Settler's next time I come to "K-town." It looks like you had a lot of fun this week!

MishMyBelle said...

What a fun 4th of July! Swimming at Curtis's pool was always the highlight...and of course the sparklers at Sue's Park!