Tuesday, September 4, 2007

my new alarm clock



This is the scene from over our fence from the backyard. This is one of the reasons that I love my house, there isn't another house directly behind us, looking down on us. It makes me feel like we have some privacy and it makes me feel like we are out of the hustle and bustle "city".

That being said, literally, at 4:30-5:00 A.M. we hear the cock crow! Our back neighbors have chickens, a rooster or two, and horses. It is so funny because I feel like I am on a farm. I do love the scene. It is so tranquil.

I could probably throw my alarm clock away and just go by the rooster. I think it is great tho. It isn't so loud...but loud enough that it makes me laugh. I enjoy feeling rustic and I hope that the bliss of my home never wears off!

4 comments:

Taunya said...

I love your view from the backyard! After marrying Jason (who is a country boy) and seeing what life is like in the country I now desire to have my home out there. The next time we move we will be out there hopefully too far to hear a rooster!

D-dawg said...

How fun to live on a farm with a rooster! It is the BEST not to have rear neighbors. That is my goal for our home down the road someday. So nice to know no one might be peeking in on you when you leave your windows open. I'm glad you love your house, that is the best feeling!

Lesley said...

Happy new home Janelle! I am so excited for you! I love that you don't have neighbors behind you! How nice! Funny that you have a rooster to wake you up!

grandma said...

what a perfect looking rooster man!!