Friday, August 24, 2007

my wrath from the Domestic Goddess


Some of my least favorite household duties include:
1. unloading the dishwasher
2. cleaning the toilet
AND
3. FOLDING LAUNDRY
(This list could go on, but I didn't want to complain to much)
I really don't mind washing the clothes (I mean, separating and putting them in the washer)...
I just do not like folding them.
So, as the buzzer beeps, I take the warm, fluffy, clean clothes and throw them into an inconspicuous corner in my bedroom.
That is where they sit and sit and stay until I get bored and desperate enough to fold them.
I believe I have conjured the wrath of the Domestic Goddess because in 4 SEPARATE occasions as I have attempted to fold my laundry, I pick up a towel or other item and a mean looking spider scurries across my carpet. He had found a safe haven, an undisturbed spot under my clean clothes.

The Goddess is angry at me and is punishing me for my laziness. Now, I don't mind spiders that much. (mice are another story) I will kill them, I just HATE it when
1. they are living in my "clean" clothes
and when 2. they surprise me out of no where.
So, I am no longer leaving the laundry to pile up...I get right to the folding....
Hopefully the Domestic Goddess will accept my whole hearted forgiveness and stop punishing me with sneaky scary looking spiders.


8 comments:

karen said...

Sadie looks so cute in those pile of clothes !! :) I hate doing laundry too, especially if they pile up. I LOVE your new haircut. It looks cute. You need to post a new picture of you & the kids. I'd love to see the kids sometime soon too. Audrey sounds like a really fun kid to play with with all those billion questions :)

karen said...

p.s. Did you get a new bedpost for your bedroom ??

dots said...

That is a CRAZY looking spider!! I wonder what kind it is...I bet Taunya would know...I know what you mean about laundry...guess that's why Mike does it sometimes & then I get all flustered because he doesn't do it "right"!! :S

D-dawg said...

That would totally freak me out! I don't like spiders but especially when they surprise me out of no where. And I am the same as you with folding laundry... and I HATE putting it away even more. It is so hard! And then they just get it all dirty again and it the whole process starts over. Worst.

Taunya said...

I didn't even notice Sadie in the clothes! Too Funny! I actually dont mind folding clothes, it's putting them away that I dont like, so I make my kids do it. (Hehe) BTW Dorothy... the spider is a hobo. They are the meanest, most aggressive spiders I have ever seen! Nastiness!

Lesley said...

I am not a huge laundry fan either! It's just a never ending job and I hate that! I am sorry about the sneaky spiders! Scary! But I am with you, at least it's not a mouse! It was great to see you at Kyle's wedding! I can't get over how cute your kids are Janelle! I love them! And this is random, but what are your sewing projects?

Amy said...

I fear spiders, I can't stand them. If I saw that a spider was living in my clothes I would never be easy again. I would constantly be thinking about how they've now nested eggs in my clothes. I'm pretty sure I'd burn my clothes after that. I don't mind doing the laundry that's my favorite chore to do.

angie said...

Sick! I hate spiders! Remove this picture at once!
I am a little wierd, but I love folding laundry. I also love mowing the lawn and running the vac. I know i have some obsessive tendencies...like nice folded piles, and straight lines...anyway, I can agree on the toilet- i pretty much hate cleaning the bathrooms.