Thursday, August 9, 2007

my secret love/hate



I believe Steven Seagal is possibly, one of the worst "actors" to ever enter into the film industry. I would rather watch Al Gore (shutter) trying to be funny on Leno than a Steven Seagal movie. His attempts at manliness and brutality are staggering at best. His womanly body just does not exude the persona that he so desperately wants to project. I have happened upon movies of his on occasion that were playing on TBS or SPIKE or something like that, and I always watch for a few minutes in horror wondering what happened to him in his childhood. That being said, he and I have something in common. Steven Seagal and I are connected, on the same wave length shall we say. We are both into Asian art and/or decal. I was decorating my house today and realized that I have acquired quite a bit of Asian influenced decoration. Now is this bad?
I am overcome with annoyance when I see a person from, oh, I don't know, Malibu, Cali talking and acting all inner-city.


It seems so blatantly phony and false....

But is that who I am???

We lived in Hawaii for almost 4 years and I acquired many things there (Honolulu having a large Asian population).

I just like the look of it. I think it is beautiful and interesting. Here are some photos of my "decorating".
Have I gone overboard? Or am I lacking a sense of cultural identity??




Yikes! Too much?
Or should I just change my middle name to Seagal...

4 comments:

D-dawg said...

Not too much! You can decorate any way you want to! You don't have to be asian to like their stuff. I especially love the lanterns hanging in the bathroom!!!!

Lesley said...

I love it! I really like your screen and lamp in your family/living room! It's looking good Janelle! Is it so fun to decorate a new house? I can't wait!

angie said...

o.k. girl, do not change your middle name! I think it looks great. Sometimes we just love what we love. I for one have never been to Africa. I hope to go there many times someday, but I have tons of African art just because I like it. I even have a Safari couch in my basement with animals on it! I'm not going overboard...it's MY house!! I like your decorating, it's you!

Taunya said...

You crack me up, Janelle! I love the way have decorated and I vote to not change your middle name! :) You have chosen a very decorative theme for your home and I think it looks fabulous!