Wednesday, August 8, 2007

my chalking


This is what happens when you have to run inside the house and help your son use the potty and leave your 4 year old outside in the (fenced) backyard with your baby for 3 (o.k. maybe 4) minutes...TOPS!



But I think Sadie enjoyed her "chalking"....


Here she is right before her bath....

Do you know the song from Phantom of the opera??
"Past the point of no return - no backward glances: our games of make believe are at an end . . . Past all thought of "if" or "when" - no use resisting: abandon thought, and let the dream descend"
I felt like once Audrey got into this activity of mixing chalk with water and painting herself....there was no turning back.
It washes off....so I think!

4 comments:

D-dawg said...

Wow these are GREAT pictures! They look super cool with blue faces. And don't feel bad about leaving Sadie for a few minutes in the back. That is what backyards are for and yours looks very nice!

dots said...

Oh MY!! You are so patient in allowing Audry to explore her creative side!! I've thrown most of the girls chalk away because they were making too many messes, of course now I have crayon all over the pool deck...that won't wash off...I should chill out and let them be kids...

angie said...

I can't believe those two little cuties! Audrey is such a cool girl- she's always into something! Sadie took her chalking like a woman and she looks very happy! You're a great mom to just let them get all chalked up! And have so much fun!

Lesley said...

Okay, I am laughing so hard right now Janelle! Audrey cracks me up and Sadie is a doll! I love it!!!