Monday, August 6, 2007

my superman



Let the games begin....


Thus far in Reese's short 2 1/2 years he has struggled many times to maintain a pleasant, upbeat demeanor....

That being said, he is the cutest little guy. I love his pudgy little body. We are going to attempt to potty train, and actually stick to it. He is verbally coherent for a 2 or even 3 year old...so the communication lines are there. It is just a matter of breaking the potty anytime, anywhere mentality. I have given the potty training a go a few times w/not much success.


But I am committed this time...


Any tips???


Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Janelle, That picture of Reese is hilarious! I like how his knees are touching and then his calves and feet aren't. Good Luck with the potty training! I have no tips because I have no children, so I am of no help to you.

D-dawg said...

Very cute picture. There is nothing quite like little kids in panties/undies. Candy rewards work best for my sugar-driven children. Also I try to stay pretty much home for a week and let them just be in undies the whole time till they get it. GOOD LUCK!

Lesley said...

So cute Janelle! I love his little body! Good luck with the potty training and you'll have to give me some tips!

karen said...

I watch Supernanny and she got some good tips. I also have her books. Here you go :: She have some training tips that includes :

1. Get him out of diapers during the day and put him into underpants (with designs that figures favorite TV or movie characters are really special for small children. Until he is succeeding during the day, keep him in diapers at night. You need to see him go through several nights without wetting his diapers before he's ready for the next stage.
2. Repetition is the key, "Do you need to go pee pee?" Over and over again.
3. Every time he goes, give him lots of praise and encouragement. Keep a star chart so he can see that he's making progress.
4. Make a mental note of how much fluid you give your child throughout the day.

Taunya said...

Have fun and good luck!

grandma said...

My kids were always proud of their new shirts so they did pretty good. He looks so cute Good luck It's always nice when it is accomplished