Monday, August 20, 2007

my scientist


Audrey and a tendency to be very inquisitive. I think that it is great because that is how she learns so many things. She is so smart and explorative. However, she sometimes asks me the most random questions. Questions that make my brain want to explode. Questions that I don't even know where to begin or how to explain the answer. So, I started writing them down...here are a very few of the possibly 1000 daily questions:
1. How do fairies fly?
2. What is blood made out of?
3. What does the Holy Ghost look like?
4. Can I marry my brother?
5. How does my hair grow?
6. Where does the spider get her web? & Why doesn't she fall off?
7. Why does a jellyfish sting hurt? What is the stinger?
8. How big is a giant?
9. Why does the beast have claws?
10. How many stars are there?
(me)- Billions and billions
(audrey) Is there anymore than that?
(me)- yes, i am sure
(audrey) -How many?

9 comments:

D-dawg said...

Janelle, my head wants to explode just reading those! Those are some tough questions!!! Logan does that sometimes too.... his favorite are questions about the galaxy and I know nothing about it. I always say um.... next time I"m on the computer we'll look it up! Audrey is cute and she will be very smart because she is so interested in things.

Taunya said...

Hehe! Kids are so funny! Mine havent figured out yet that when I dont want to be saddled into answering a ton of questions I just say, "I dont know, honey." This seems to tide them over. Hopefully they dont grow up thinking that mom doesnt know anything!

dots said...

So funny!! I should start writing down some of the questions I get...I'm like Taunya, in answering, "I don't know, let me know when you find out the answer!"

Lesley said...

I love Audrey! She is so cute! I love that she is so inquisitive! Those are some tough questions though! I am excited to see you this weekend at Kyle's wedding!

MishMyBelle said...

Janelle-
I am liking the new blog layout! It looks good. Audrey kind of cracks me up. That girl has a ton of personality!

angie said...

Ha ha!!! Those questions are pretty wild! Caden is just coming out of the "why" stage and by the end of the day my answer is just "because"- so now, sometimes he'll ask a question and then say "why? becasue" and then answer it himself. Do you think sometimes they just like to hear themselves talk??

D-dawg said...

Janlee, I just read a comment on Angie's blog about you being a crossing guard at one time?!?!? I had never heard this! You need to share with us your experience! Cause that sounds so funny to me... thinking of you as a crossing guard!!!

Amy said...

Audrey asked me some questions about marriage when I was with her. She did ask me if she could marry her brother, I responded with a disgusted look on my face, and said, "no Audrey, you'll marry someone else." Then she replied, "Will I meet him in preschool?" I said, "I don't know." Then of course she had a distressed look on her face, "what if i never meet someone?!" I was surprised to at how worried she was about finding a husband. All I will say is Good luck when she's a teenager and she's even more boy crazy then she already is at 4.

grandma said...

Audrey will keep you on your toes all her life. What a sweet little girl she is. Get out the encyclopedias so you are prepared!!