Friday, February 15, 2008

my disgusting confession


In case you are wondering what this is, it is a lump of (almost) half eaten snicker-doodle cookie dough. I started to make these cookies on Tueseday in hopes of passing them out on Valentine's day. After I mixed all the ingredients I wrapped it in plastic wrap to chill. I then got too busy to finish them off and bake them. I pulled the dough out Tues. night and nibbled at it, then Wed. I pulled it out and nibbled some more...Then Thurs. and now Friday....As I was holding a piece of delicious cold snicker-doodle dough at my lips this morning, I had the sudden urge to throw it against the wall.
What have I become?
When it comes to sugar, I am at its mercy. Sugar has a profound effect on me that I have yet to overcome. I am disgusted that I ate so much of this plop of dough. I would sneek bites b/c I did not want Michael to know what I was doing. I was ashamed. Would he think I was like an animal, ravounesly eating in the dark? Audrey asked me what that dough was, and I told her it was for bread. Would she want to eat some of my "precious", that I hovered over? I am like an addict, hiding my secret. Hopefully I can get this monkey off my back....eventually. But at this stage in my life, I still need my sugar high:)

6 comments:

Taunya said...

Haha! I completely understand, Janelle! So glad I'm not the only closet sugar eater out there!

karen said...

You're funny. I'm totally the same way too..

angie said...

Janlee- we have all done this! I'm pretty sure every mom is quilty of doing this atleast once. I personally love chcolate chip cookie dough!

Lesley said...

Janelle you crack me up! I have to say that I am totally guilty of doing this too! You are not alone! Too bad I don't try and hide it though and my husband is just aware that I eat it and that I am some animal!

D-dawg said...

It is so sad and true. I love that you had to give Audry a small white lie to keep her away. I do that all of the time. Sugar is SO addicting it is scary!

Katherine said...

You are SO hilarious. I love the part when you wrote about your sudden urge to hurl the dough at the wall. I miss you!

I LOVE Alphonse Mucha, too.