Monday, January 8, 2007

my goings on...





sadies blessing day





so much has happened the last couple of months. it has been so busy but fun. of course for me the most exciting was the birth of sadie. she is probable the "easiest" baby so far. she is so mellow and quiet and a little sweetie. she is smiling and trying to "talk". i love being by her.
she was blessed dec. 10th (michael's b-day) by michael, dad blodgett, dad huff, chris huff, jon, uncle brent, uncle tom, and bishop. it was really special. i loved having so many family members there. we have such a great family! unfortunately we didnt get a picture of everyone that was there.




we have so many birthdays in november...all 3 of my kids (i take full responsibility for them) both my parents, michael's father...its our anniversary etc.


then we had christmas....it was fun to hang out with everyone. i really like not worrying about travel during the holidays. it is nice when everyone comes to you! amy and riley came and ryan and melanie...that was nice. christmas eve was really fun at grandma's house. oh my gosh, brad dickman was the best santa!!! i enjoyed the party more, i think, b/c my kids performed a couple of times and i of course thought it was so cute. audrey literally BELTED out rudolph the red nose reindeer. that was so cute. she was so unafraid. she loved the attention and the applause she got at the end. reese and audrey participated in the nativity. and it was funny to watch audrey "act". she was mary. she was "acting" reverent and subdued...she actually pulled it off. reese was joseph and he had a cookie in one hand and a candy cane in the other...halfway thru he gave up and just layed on his stomach and ate his treats.


sadie and grandpa watching a show after the carnage of opening gifts.
i think the other events went okay, i hope it wasnt too scary for the new in-laws...(i am still waiting for the syrup recipe from riley).
we just hung around, played games, watched movies and ate food. the highlight of the week was bowling:) and having like 20 babysitters. audrey and reese LOVED everyone. the basketball games were interesting. actually rather funny. the competitiveness is so out of control! but it makes for good stories later...IE:kyle knocking amy flat on her back...and riley getting a bloody nose from someone.



we went bowling. i got my highest score ever...94. (not to be mean, but i saw some of the ugliest people at that bowling ally excluding the people in the picture of course)


we also went to chuck e cheese...that was fun!

i am going to try to insert the video of jon dancing all by himself to the chuck e cheese band...he was attempting to be coordinated and he received a few hoots from the ladies in the back.

well, i kind of went over all these "major" events rather quickly and i missed a lot of events and incidences. but i just wanted to get this started. the last 2 months have gone by too fast and a lot of things have happened.

i hope my siblings will read this and add to it. i am hoping this blog will help us to stay in touch better and know more about each other.

6 comments:

D-dawg said...

Janelle I'm so glad you started a blog! It's such a great way to keep in touch. It sounds like you guys had a blast at Christmas. We had fun too although the only siblings that came home this year were Dustin and Chad and Julie. Anyway, Sadie is sooo super cute and I'm glad she's so easy for you. Thanks for sharing these updates on your family!

Lesley said...

Hi Janelle! Fun blog! I loved all the pictures! It sounds like you did have a lot of fun at Christmastime with everyone home. I wish we could've been there for Christmas Eve and the Santa and everthing at grandma's. Sometimes I dislike sharing with in-laws! :(
Oh well. Sadie is darling. She looks so pretty in her blessing outfit. Have a great week! Lesley

Ryan said...

I think the blog is an excellent idea and we will participate.

Upon returning home from Kennewick, I continued to celebrate the holiday on the couch with the History of Rock and Roll DVD's. Whenever I wasn't working or filling out apps for law school, I was watching the History of Rock. The footage and interviews are excellent.

janellelee said...

yah!

i am so excited that you guys left comments...that made my day...!! this is totally fun! THANKS!!! this is going to be awesome!

janellelee said...

Riley and I really enjoyed Christmas. I miss being around everyone. As soon as I returned from Kennewick back to Utah I got a really bad cold I'm fighting. I missed the first day of school because of it. Oh well the first day is just an introductory day anyway. Thanks mom and dad for giving Riley and I a really nice Christmas.

Amy

angie said...

Janelle!!!!!!! I am so happy about your blog! I loved all the pictures! Your kids are adorable and I loved hearing about how Audrey was Mary and acting subdued! Now that I will be commenting often- I want some from you! (no preasure)! Check out theblodgettbuzz for Chad and julie's video...it's funny! BLOG ON!!