Thursday, January 11, 2007

my rambunctious reese



so, here is my reese. he is so many things. he is so cuddly and sweet. he is so kind to his baby sister, so loving. he ALWAYS wants to kiss her. he is so amazing. he communicates so well. he speaks almost as well as his 4 year old sister. he talks in paragraphs. he knows so many things colors, opposites, counting, the alphabet etc. he is really a smart little 2 year old. he understands and comprehends a lot of things. he loves sports and balls and the train set that G&G huff got for him, he also loves my little ponies and princesses. he is a great runner (more of a gallop) and he is fun to watch play. he is CONSTANTLY asking me for food and snacks. however, his mood is slightly altered at the drop of a hat. if he is tired, hungry or just because its 2 degrees cooler than he likes, he really struggles with his emotions. he is definitely AGGRESSIVE...as little shayla (the girl i babysit) will attest too. he has left a full blown dental impression on her forearm. he says he is "upset" or "ornery" or "sad" a lot. this last christmas when santa asked him if he had been nice or naughty, reese immediately replied that he had been naughty. here he is climbing the counter trying to sneak some cookies.............



sometimes i dont know how to harness his anger or mood swings. he yells a great deal, even just when he is playing...or if he is mad. he will slump his shoulders and drop his head and walk away and say he feels sad. he is definitely dramatic and has EXTREME emotions/anger issues.
i struggle with keeping him content, but i love how he loves me. he is physically affectionate. he loves to cuddle(when he is happy) and he loves to give me kisses.


i love his pudgy little hands. his
knuckles are "dimpled".



he adds so much excitement and fun to our small family. i always love him.


7 comments:

angie said...

Reese is so cute! I love the picture of his hands and the one where he is sneaking cookies! As you know, Skyler is my 2nd and a boy in between two girls and it may or may not have anything to do with it, but he struggles with his emotions too. One min. he is laughing and telling me "I'm the best mom in the world" the next min. he's on the floor rolling around because he doesn't like the shirt I want him to wear (that's brand new and cute) it's not really a boy thing in my case because my other boys don't struggle in these ways. Who knows. But we always love them despite the ruffle!

D-dawg said...

so cute Janelle. Boys are interesting. Logan is emotional too, but it's a different kind of emotional than Lexi and Macey. I'll never figure it all out. Reese is super cute I also love the dimple knuckles. And it's so great that he's so loving with Sadie so you won't have to deal with sibling rivalry/jealousy! P.s. macey crawled out of her crib last night for the first time!!! It looks like I'm going to be having some sleep problems myself now.

Amy said...

Reese is probably one of the funniest kids. He is so animated. I miss playing with your kids. Despite what you may think, I enjoy babysitting and being with my nieces and nephews. I wish I could see Janelle and Jen's kids more often. This comment is mainly for dad if he ever gets on and reads this. Father, It is hard to get back in shape after having a stress frature in a major bone in your body. I have not lost my competitiveness, I am working hard everyday to accomplish my running goals and that is the best I can do. Anyway, last night Riley and I watched The Aviator, starring Leanoardo Dicappreo. It's funny because I have a hard time believing Leo has hit puberty. He looks like he's 18 in all of his films. Not that i've seen all of his films. I don't find him to be a bad actor though. The Aviator was interesting it kept me watching. It's a little to long though.

janellelee said...

amy, thanks for leaving comments...i laughed out loud at your leo reference b/c i totally agree! dad is onto you...
i am glad you like my kids b/c they totally miss you and riley.!

Bobby B. said...

Yes, I do read the blog. Reese, Audrey, and Sadie are cute as are all of our grandchildren. Amy, I do understand injuries having been a former athlete myself and I know that you are working hard. Just go for it and compete!! Be confident! You are great! As Ryan always says, "ATTACK".

Amy said...

The show twenty-four is now back on the air. One of the greatest drama shows on television, starring Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer. He hates terrorists and does whatever he has to, to stop them from harming the American public. I recommend this fast pace show to anyone and everyone. You will quickly become addicted to the intense storyline. This is all I really have to say. There is nothing that fun going on in our lives right now. Riley had a church ball game yesterday. It was a funny display of men struggling for success. There was one guy from the other team who had a lot of fire in him. He ripped the rebound down and began violently throwing his elbows in all sorts of directions. Riley was right by him and almost caught one of his elbows and backed away. As soon as the guy was undercontrol, he turned to Riley and angrily said, "Don't elbow me!" Riley didn't know what to say so he ran down the other end.

Jonny said...

amy, your story reminds me of the occurance during christmas break where my large friend accidently elbowed riley. it seems riley has a nack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Janelle, why does your profile say investment banking. Being manager at claires doesnt qualify you for that title. JK. love your blog.