Wednesday, April 4, 2007

my Jor-el

Many, many times I feel as tho I have married my complete polar opposite. Now, I believe that I have changed a lot in many ways in the last 8 years. Things that I used to enjoy are no longer pleasing to me, beliefs I had are now different...I have become so much more conservative than I once was. Michael has remained steadfast and true. He is a rock in my very tumultuous emotional "river." Many times I feel bad b/c I no longer have many of the same interests that we both enjoyed ie:music, adventure etc. etc. Michael is always so willing to try new things. I continually want to dine at Azteca for the 40th time, when we go out on a date (which is rare). He is so patient, quiet and deliberate....I am so impulsive, indecisive and flighty. The list could really go on and on and on. But, as I was looking thru some photos, I realized even tho we are so different, we are both, very much alike! ie: We both love to dress up for Halloween....
He chose to be a "good" character and I chose to be an "evil" character. Thus our relationship is

once again paralleled: good and evil. But it works! I think a lot of couples work so well b/c they each have very different traits, and they make up what the other lacks. I do love Michael and am so lucky to be tied to him, but I just laugh sometimes at how our personalities are so different.


5 comments:

karen said...

You two are good together. :)
How long will you guys be married for this November ?? Amazing how time is flying by !!!!

D-dawg said...

That is funny Janelle!! I feel the same way sometimes with Dave... we are different. I love the pictures of you guys on Halloween. The one of you totally cracks me up! We should hang out some Halloween cause Dave and I like to dress up too. It's just funny. Anyway, I agree with you that opposites work well in a lot of ways.

jenbahrens said...

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. I love the pictures! Michael is so quiet and smart. You've got a great husband Janelle. Happy birthday tomorrow.

hbmom said...

Happy Birthday Janelle! I am so glad you're my daughter-in-law! You are perfect for Michael. Michael was born 10 days before my 30th birthday.....xxooslh

Jared said...

This is Lesley: You are so funny Janelle! I loved this! Basically it is the same for Jared and I. He is good and I am evil! You are not evil though! You are the nicest person and so is Michael! My mom always tells me how much she adores you! That is funny though and I love the costumes!