Wednesday, March 28, 2007

my thoughts for today

isn't this a cute little boy?? today, however as much as i love him...if he asks me for food, a snack, a sandwich, or tells me he is hungry, one more time (which he most undoubtedly will) i will have a hard time keeping my composure.
this morning he woke up at about 6:30 walks into my room..."mom, I'm hungry"....and then we go from there. He is CONSTANTLY ASKING ME FOR FOOD or telling me HE IS HUNGRY.!
i get it!!! he can't really be that hungry, can he? he is a meaty little boy (meaning, on the "plus" side just a little) so he is obviously getting enough food. i change a poopy diaper about twice a day. so, what is going on? when i drop him off at my mom's house and then return, i ask my mom how he was. she says, she just kept feeding him, and he was perfectly fine.
do i just need to have a constant stream of food for my son in order for him to maintain a pleasant demeanor? i don't know....i do know that his catch phrase is "mom, I'm hungry".
it is just funny to me today, and i just laugh at how PERSISTANT it is.
this is sadie's new favorite thing...to chew on her fingers, hand, shirt. she is a slobber-puss and always wet!

so, i let my kids play in the dirt...audrey has always been into getting messing and i figure i will always be able to wash them off. they like to make "stew". they find rocks, flowers, dirt, bugs, grass, sticks...and put it in a pot with a little water and stir it up. (please do not look at this area of our backyard. It is going to turn into a lush beautiful flower garden. it is pretty hideous right now tho).

8 comments:

D-dawg said...

did you write this one minute ago and here I am? I've been on the computer a lot today. Anyway, I can relate with the food issues. Macey is the same. Sometimes when I KNOW she's not hungry I just tell her NO and let her throw a big fit. It's hard though... much easier to just give her some fishies. Luckily she's most hungry in the mornings and then fine in the afternoons. I hope for both of your sakes that Reese won't ask for more food today! Also, good job on letting your kids get dirty. It is so good for them. Sometimes I feel happy when my kids are a mess from being outside. I think it is healthy.

Lesley said...

So, Haley is a little on the "Plus" side as well! (Reese doesn't look it though!) I feel like I can never give her enough food and she is only 7 mos old! I will give her baby food and then a little bottle afterwards and she will just throw a fit after her bottle is done and she knows she is sucking air now. I've experimented, and it doesn't matter how much food I give her, she will still whine and want more! So, I am sorry and I too, hope that he doesn't ask you again today for more food! That is so funny though. Your kids look so cute outside playing and making "stew"!!! That cracked me up! Remember when we would play "office" at grandmas? Kids are so cute! Sadie is a doll!

angie said...

Cute Pictures! Maybe it's a growth spurt or something. My boys have been crazy lately with asking for food too. Maybe it's just boys?? Today after lunch, Carsen asked for "lunch" ummm... we had just finished eating!

jenbahrens said...

I love Reese's expression in that first picture! He is so sweet. And I love the pictures of the kids playing in the mud. I think there is something therapeutic about digging around in the dirt.

D-dawg said...

I remember playing office... Grandma was the best to let us do that. It was so fun and one of my favorite things to do there with you guys.

janellelee said...

i remember playing office...we would use the t.v. trays for desks...how funny!

MishMyBelle said...

I am glad you all had fun playing office with each other. Most of the cousins my age were boys. Instead of playing office, we were spying on Austin Butterworth, doorbell ditching, or playing in the canyon. Kim and I were good sports!

D-dawg said...

Michelle, I do wish we had included you and Kim more in our games. You weren't that much younger. Speaking of Kim, does she have a blog? We should get her on board guys!