Tuesday, June 5, 2007

my celebrity look alike


So, I really liked all those brat pack movies. I think my favorite is Sixteen Candles, then Breakfast Club, then Pretty in Pink. Michael and I just recently watched Pretty in Pink. It was one of my least favorite, but watching it again, definitely moved it up on my list. These movies are so fantastically cheesy, but I love to watch the love triangles unfold. Am I the only one, or is the pink prom dress that 'Andie' made totally hideous? Was it suppose to be innovative and stylish? I thought it was ugly back in the 80's and I still think it is ugly now.

I was NOT a Duckie sympathizer...he was so obsessed, I thought it was borderline restraining order. And the richy boy 'Blane' ("that's a major appliance, not a name") was trying too hard to be deep in thought. He was constantly looking off into the distance. My favorite character was the other richy boy 'Steff'...what a great name! He was such a dirtbag and oh so arrogant!

I have to mention that I have been told by a few people that I look like Molly Ringwald. Not for a while mind you, more when I was younger. I used to think she was ugly, and therefore devastated at that comment. But now, I can just respect her acting abilities and depth of her soul.
My husband Michael's look-a-like would be Kevin Bacon who was in another one of my favorite 80's movies....Footloose!
Who are your look-a-like's??

5 comments:

Amy said...

Janelle, I appreciate your comments about Pretty in Pink. I actually just recently watched that film on TV. My favorite scene is when Molly Ringwald is yelling at Blane in the Hallway. "Say it! I want to hear you say it. Don't lie to me!" She said something along those lines. That part was the most embarrassing part for me. Because she was hitting him and very overly dramatic. Could you imagine if that happened in real life? and people were just staring at you? Anyway I thought that part was funny.

janellelee said...

TOTALLY! both me and michael were so confused and embarrassed for the director. do you think when they watched that scene, they were like.."yeah, we got it!"?

Katherine said...

I love Molly Ringwald and I think she is beautiful! I'm sure I was one of the people who told you that you look like her. It's a compliment! I also totally agree with the way you ranked the three Molly movies. You're right- that dress was hideous, even in the 80's. I think they got that all wrong. Remember when your brothers gave Michael a copy of Footloose when you guys were dating? That was so funny. Let's see celebrity look-alikes. I've had people tell me I look like a number of different people, but I don't think I agree with any of them. I've been told I look like the mean, bulemic girl on Center Stage. Hillary Swank is the most recent one. Someone once told me I look like Sela Ward? All really random people that don't really look like me at all. Love your house! I'm so excited for you.

D-dawg said...

Ok, I really need to watch these movies again. Cheesy 80's movies are so funny to me these days! And I do sort of think you look like Molly! But it is a compliment. Footloose? One of my ALL TIME favorites. When Kevin is dancing in that warehouse I just can't control myself and I have to dance right along with him. The only celebrity anyone has said that I look like it is Julianne Moore... but I think it is just because I have super white skin and so does she.

Rochelleht said...

I agree about that dress! My hubby and I watched it the other night, too, and I still thought it was ugly after all these years. People used to say I looked like her, too, because I'm a redhead. I also felt insulted. I think she gives redheads a bad name.

Sixteen Candles ROCKS! I watched it at my 13th birthday/slumber party.

Sadly, for me, there was no Jake Ryan over a cake. Things have since been remedied, however.:-)