Wednesday, June 20, 2007

my FHE



Notice my baby carrier digging into my belly fat....how attractive!

I love all these little streams with the old "bridges".


The kids ALWAYS want to climb trees! We will have to plant some in our new house.
The other day for family home evening we "hiked" the Zintel Canyon trail. Does any of the family remember playing down there behind grandma's house? There is a little stream with board bridges and lots of trees. It was fun being down there again. They have a nice little trail. It is kind of scary at some points tho. (I remember thinking that when I was younger too) I would look at all the thickets and overgrow and think to myself "Gee, I hope we don't find a dead body." The kids loved the "hike" and enjoyed being able to run free. There was one part of the trail, very close to the end, where we went off the path and discovered 2 teenage boys smoking some dubie. That was quite interesting. They were trying to hide, but we heard them and saw them and smelled something:) So we turned around and headed back. It was a pretty fun activity (aside from that)!

5 comments:

karen said...

Looks like a lot of fun !! Sadie is sooo cute.. You don't have any belly fat !!
Hope I'll be able to see the kids someday soon. GOod luck with your house tomorrow !!! It's gonna be so much fun !

D-dawg said...

Janelle those pictures are so cute. You look great walking along the trail with your 3 kids!!! And I LOVE Audrey's haircut, she looks adorable. As for the canyon, I was always scared of it a little bit too, but I've heard they've made paths and made it nicer. It looks nice in these pictures. What a great outdoor fhe!

Amy said...

Your kids look like they are at one with nature. They are truly outdoor children. That FHE looks like a lot of fun.

Lesley said...

Fun activity Janelle! It does look like they've made it so much nicer now and your kids do look like they have so much fun outside. That is great! I hope my kids want to be outside a lot and are curious like that. Sadie is an absolute doll! I love her Janelle. Sorry about the teenage boys! :)

angie said...

What a fun FHE! I do remember playing in the canyon and loving it, but being a little scared too. I think some homeless people might live down there- I heard that. Sadie looks so happy "being worn" and how fun for your kids to balance on the wooden planks to cross the stream- my kids would love it!