Thursday, June 14, 2007

my favorite things today




One of my favorite things lately is watching Reese run fast. It is hilarious and obviously these pictures cannot capture the essence of his stride. He has just such little legs and he tries to book it at the speed of light...all the while, pumping his little arms. It just makes me laugh when I see him.


Sadie is ALMOST crawling. She is picking herself up and scooting around. She is just so cute. And you can see her two little bottom teeth...

Michael and I have gotten into the bad habit of scaring our children. Michael plays a game called "cheetah" with the kids, where he hides in different places then jumps out at them and roars like a cheetah and chases them. Sometimes when they are playing quietly in their room, I sneak up on them and yell, "GOTCHA!" Is this demented? I love to see their scared looks and then they usually laugh and all is well. I know that one day, I will be severely repaid for all of the frights, and pinched/tapped bums (baby bums are so funny and cute to me) that I have doled out over these few short years.


Reese wanted to be part of the trendy "poppers"....(thanks michele and haley!)

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

Please do not feel bad for scaring your kids! It is a small pleasure that parents have the right to do. It makes me laugh and I also do it very frequently. I love the pictures of Michael in action! And Reese running is so adorable too .. on his little legs! Please don't fall Reese! That is how I feel when Macey runs... scared. Are you happy Sadie is about to crawl? Or nervous?

Anonymous said...

What an adorable "popper"!

Lesley said...

Cute pictures Janelle! I too, love Reese's little legs running! He is so cute! I can't believe Sadie is crawling!!! WOW!! Haley just started to crawl yesterday! Oh boy, let the fun begin! I secretly like to scare Haley sometimes and that is probably so mean because she is so young, so don't feel bad about scaring your kids!

angie said...

Cute pictures Janelle! I LOVE freaking my kids out- it is one of the joys of parenting! Michael looks cute playing with the kids!

MishMyBelle said...

Reese is such a cute kid! I started laughing, when I read that you like to scare your kids. It's all in good fun! Sounds like a party at the Huff household!