Thursday, March 27, 2008

my obsessions (as of today)


1. Square foot gardening....we are so excited to get it going. We are going to plant a few things this Saturday. I have never had such a "big" garden. It is 4'x18'. I hope we don't kill everything. Hopefully it will be a prosperous endeavour for us!

2. Mary Higgins Clark is my comfort and stress relief right now. I love reading her books. They are entertaining to me and I can whip through them. It has become a ritual for me, every night as I lay in bed, I read about murderers, sociopaths, and serial killers. Sweet dreams.

3. American Idol. This is something that I am slightly embarrassed to admit. It is definitely a love/hate relationship. I don't know why I like to watch it. I think it is cheesy, the same songs, the same comments, the same annoying people, but I can't seem to help myself. I have grown to despise the word "pitch-y".


4. Amy Winehouse. I know that she is a major freak and drug addict...but I love some of her songs! I like her voice and think that she is an interesting musician. Some of her looks definitely frighten me tho.

5. Chocolate covered raisins. Oh my gosh, someone please call the police. I feel like I eat these all day long. Sometimes I don't feel guilty b/c they are raisins. Healthy for you, right? Probably not healthy if you consume 2 pounds of chocolate covered ones in a 24 hour period.

11 comments:

dots said...

You're so funny!! My sis-in-law says that chocolate covered raisins keep their family regular...so maybe it's not a "bad" thing!

D-dawg said...

You and Ang need to hang out and eat your raisins. She loves them too. I hate them. Also, great job on the gardening.

Don't you get nightmares reading about that stuff? I know I would. I read Lovely BOnes once and couldn't sleep or be alone for weeks!

Taunya said...

I love Mary Higgins Clark too! I haven't read her books in a while. Thanks for the reminder. I will have to pay a visit to the library!

MollyE said...

I love Amy Winehouse! I just try to ignore all the press about her, beucase the music is so good. Is that bad?

You Are My Fave said...

I make myself feel better by thinking that chocolate covered raisins are a healthy candy too. And now this whole dark chocolate can be good for you thing. Don't get me started

angie said...

JANELLE! finally someone who understands true heaven for the mouth! I love Chocolate covered raisins! You can get a big "bulk" stash from costco!

angie said...

p.s. don't you feel like Chocolate covered raisins are healthy? I mean they are raisins for heaven's sake!

Mary Lena said...

I bought some chocolate covered raisins last week at Costco. And now I can't find them! It was a big tub of them!!
Maybe I should check your house.... :)

HB Mom said...

They say boys always marry someone like their mother.....I am the biggest chocoholic of all time...raisins are healthy!

krisha said...

Funny how the simplest things can tie people together....I just finished reading "I've heard that song before" by mary higgins clark. I so enjoy how easy reads her books are.

Annette Rose said...

Hey! So I too love American Idol, I can't not watch even though sometimes it drives me nuts... What is Paula on? I mean, REALLY! She is crazy. I also love Mary Higgins Clark. I think in High school I'd read everything she'd written, does she keep writing? I should check that out. I think she has a couple of daughters that write too, ya know!