Saturday, March 29, 2008

my old face

So, as my perpetual 25th (hhmmm-clear throat) birthday aproaches I am deciding that I am not growing old gracefully. I never thought that I would care, its just a number. Right? But the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that it is taking me longer to get ready, I need to do more to my face and hair...and that youthful glow is gone. I feel like my face has gotten dark and lifeless. Now, maybe it is b/c we are just coming out of winter and I havent spent time outside and basked in the sunshine. There are a few things that really bother me about my face as of late....


1. My skin has become darker and discolored in some areas...especially at the corner of each eye.





2. I have always been severly insecure about my problematic skin. I am still plagued with acne. HELLO! I hate it! I have huge pores, bad scars, and on top of that, my face is growing more AND MORE freakish moles and sun spots. You might think some of them are zits, but no, they are red moles or just moles.
I think it is time to go to the dermatologist.

2 comments:

D-dawg said...

Janelle, I feel the same. Getting old is not fun. Gone are the carefree days of no makeup. Now I have to plaster myself to look better.

You should try Loreal Submlime Glow for face... it is a daily moisturizer that leaves a very very subtle color on your face. I like it and it makes me feel not so white and dead looking.. I get "medium"

About the moles... dave had 2 that we decided to get removed. One of them I was fine with, the other I hated. He went to get them removed and it only worked on the one that I didn't mind... now the one I hate is still there. Worst.

And I just remembered it is your b-day of Friday and I know it ain't yo 25th!

Lesley said...

Janelle-you DO NOT look old! You are so pretty! And I am sorry but I do not see any dark spots around your eyes! Nice close ups though!