Sunday, August 10, 2008

my den of slack

I have been in such a rut these last couple of weeks, not wanting to do anything, go anywhere, clean anything ...here are a few things that are helping me to overcome my attitude of slack


For some reason, the things that I have planted are growing CRAZY! This makes me feel a sense of accomplishment...even tho some of these plants are completely idiot proof. My sunflowers are so huge, it is funny to me. And Reese's pumpkins have produced several gourds already and they are trying to take over the backyard. My tomatoes are the tallest and wildest I have ever seen. This makes me feel good that I can grow things.
Secondly is 3 wonderful, energetic kids. They always want to play with me and they want to love me. They are all so unique and wonderful in their own way...

Thirdly is sweet Sadie, she makes me feel peaceful. She is such a joy, she carries around 2 baby Doras and a bottle for them. She takes care of them. If anyone gets hurt, she runs over to whoever is crying and hugs and kisses them. She wants to be a peacemaker and she is. She finds little pieces of paper on the carpet and throws them away for me. She wants to help me and she wants to help others. I really want to clone her.

5 comments:

karen said...

sadie is so cute ! i'll have to meet her before she gets too old ! ! ohh nice sunflowers !! i wanna a garden :( it'll have to wait till next year . .

MollyE said...

I love the giant sunflower.

D-dawg said...

I know I've already said it but I am so impressed with your ability to grow things! I've never tried but want to someday. That is so sweet about Sadie and hugging everyone and helping you pick up. I want her.

dots said...

Wow!! What's up with the sunflower!! a renegade one at that too....

Sara Mason said...

so cute Janelle..... I totally understand I totally have days like that all the time I have never thought of them as days of slack or whatnot but yeah i always have to make myself leave the house so I don't feel like that!