Monday, August 18, 2008

my project runway marathon


I love this show! My husband and I chose not to succumb to the enticements of cable television in our new home...we have been cable free for 1 year. So far so good. There are only a handful of channels that we miss. Bravo being one of mine, just for the purposes of watching Project Runway. I love the design process, I love the fabulous freaks, and I love the interesting clothes that are created. I would love to make clothes if I didn't hate sewing so much.
My wonderful brother and his lovely wife told us how to watch past and present seasons of this show on youtube. I was so ecstatic! Michael and I watched all of season 4 (about 13 episodes) in 4 days. It was kind of sick...but we loved it. Now we are up to season 5....I cant wait to see what happens:)
On a side note, I was fixing a skirt that I had made for Audrey, Micheal came into the sewing room and asked me what I was doing. I started complaining about how the hem was crooked and I wasn't sure how to make the closures work...and I wasn't sure if I had added to much pattern....etc.
Michael patiently listened to me w/o saying a word, and when I was done complaining he said, "Well, make it work. Carry on..." and then he left the room.
It was one of my favorite moments in our marriage.

7 comments:

dots said...

That't nice that he'll sit and watch it with you...did you like the hair additions? and why can't male designers be manly? I suppose the winner of season 4 is talented...

You Are My Fave said...

That's the greatest story. "Designers, rock the kasbah." We watched season 4 in about 4 days too. We were surprised by the outcome. So far season 5 is so-so. No favorites yet.

D-dawg said...

Janelle, I wish I could say I've seen the show but I haven't. I'm imaging what he said is something they say on the show and that's awesome that it pertained to your situation and he could use it- I love that

MollyE said...

LOOOOVVVVEEE IIITTTT!! Love the show, love the comment. I only wish I could have been there. I also love the creative process on that show, it fascinates me.

Taunya said...

Haha! Sounds like he has been watching too much Project Runway! Classic!

Annaka said...

Brilliant! He is hilarious! We have been TV free for 6 mo. now, (the jury is still out as to whether I am totally loving that, but…) I will admit that we are dedicated fans Psych, Monk and Chuck on-line. It's a sickness!

Mary Lena said...

AWESOME! That is so funny! I love project runway too. I wish we could be 'pioneers' like you and get rid of our cable... we talk about it...we just can't bring ourselves to do it.