Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my first kindergartener

This was the official first day of Audrey's kindergarten. (Even tho it lasted only about 40 minutes, and we were there the whole time). The classroom was so cute and the teacher was so nice. Aug. 26th. A day that I have looked forward too but dreaded at the same time. Audrey is my first born. She is a ball of sunshine and energy. She is so intelligent and bright...She wants to be a rock star, she loves princesses and sparkly things. She is kind to other people and wants to be friends with EVERYONE she meets. She loves fashion and has been busy all summer making these fashion books...(shown below). She LOVES to draw and color and be creative.


I am one of the millions of mothers sending their first child off to kindergarten. Audrey was more than thrilled to be left at the door of education. I suppose that the inevitable must begin. She will be thrust into the cold dark world of disappointment, and hurt in order for her to grow and progress. That is good right? It is suppose to be.... so I suppose I need to let the desensitization of innocence begin at a place known as KINDERGARTEN!:)
Here she is in line waiting for the bell to ring and the day to begin. She has some friends in her class from church which makes me feel better. I am not going to deny that I did get teary-eyed watching her walk into the classroom and leave us behind.

6 comments:

karen said...

audrey's outfit is so cute !! wow.. did she have a good day at school ?? next will be reese.. those kids will grow up before we know it !!

D-dawg said...

Audrey is so cute. She is so ready too and will do awesome there. It is scary- you definitely lose some control and influence over them which I hate. I hope she had a good first week!

Jeremy said...

Big day, how exciting! I have left tears at the door of kinder and 1st grades. We'll see how I do tomorrow at 2nd grade.

angie said...

She's so cute Janelle and I bet she had a blast on her first day! Wait till you have a 5th grader... it is VERY strange!

Sara Mason said...

so cute hey check out my blog... i got your link through Andrea Smithee's sight

http://web.mac.com/davidjmason01/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

talk to you later saramason

Lesley said...

SO cute Janelle! I am not looking forward to that day except for yesterday-I was ready to send Haley off to kindergarten but no such luck. Cute pictures! Which teacher does she have? They grow up too fast!