Sunday, August 3, 2008

my life savor

Like many of you, I have swimsuit anxiety. On our latest trip, my eyes were opened to a new trend that is quickly (i am sure) catching on....

this look is called the 'wholesome wear' line of swim ware. Why can't these swimming outfits be considered cute? and why can't more people catch on to this comforting new idea of less skin? My eyes have been burned on countless times by barely there "bathing suits". What is the point of wearing a strategically placed washcloth? I for one, would rather have a strategically placed table cloth.
Sure the yards of fabric are cheap looking, sure all that yardage might possibly weigh your body down to the bottom of the pool.
I am going to weigh the pros and con's of this new, cutting edge trend. Is it worth it to sacrifice looking cute (even tho my body is no where near "cute" in a bathing suit) or would I rather bask in all the folds of my layers of fabric, not afraid that any bumps or dimples are showing in weird places, not afraid that something might slip out or even off at the wrong moment. The 'wholesome wear' line, is sounding better and better to me.....

4 comments:

Taunya said...

I vote for the tablecloth, Janelle! Where did you find this stuff? I had no idea something so "less revealing" even existed. Granted... if you were trying to move through the water at ultrafast speed those suits would not be appropriate. But, since my swim team days are over I see no reason NOT to cover up more of my less than perfect body!

Annette Rose said...

That is hilarious! Your family reunion looks like fun. It was fun to see you at the craft thing. We should definately get together sometime. I don't run into anyone else as randomly and often as I run into you. I think its a sign.... I'm going to quit fighting it and embrace it. (I may pick up stalking you, or something. Ok... I totally don't know where I am going with that. Sorry, that was crazy weird.) :)

karen said...

wow.. those bathing suits are.. umm.. very intresting..not something for me.. i got a new bathing suit from modbe clothing.. it's modest bathing suits from utah.. i LOVE it.. it's a two piece but the top is a long one.. here's the link of the one i have.: http://www.modbeclothing.com/IndvItem.asp?InventoryID=1848

krisha said...

I hate bathing suits but this summer I found a web site that has the cutest bathing suits that make me feel alittle better about my not so cure body. Its layersclothig.com. It is modest swim wear and I love them.