Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here is a list of movies that made me feel slightly afraid, dismal, dreary, uneasy, unnerved, etc. etc. , when I was a young person. I know that I was suppose to enjoy them, and I did for the most part. But there was always a scene or two...or maybe a bizarre character, that just made me feel the darkness of the movie too much. And now as I watch these movies again as an adult, the murkiness, the disorder of these movies, hits me like a wave, and I start to feel uneasy, all over again...why are some "children's" movies so creepy!!??

1. Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory



2. Alice in Wonderland



3. Labyrinth


4. Wizard of Oz

5. Never ending story



10 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

I always have to fast forward through the part in Willy Wonka where they are on the boat and Willy goes a little crazy. It still creeps me out.

krisha said...

I know that hate mail will follow me when I admit this but I think that you left of a very impt. movie, The Princess Bride. I know everyone loves it but lets seriously consider the gaint sized rats, the ego inflated villans, the witch that screams liar do I need to go on....

Amy said...

I agree with you on Willie Wonka! I always hated the tunnel scene.

MollyE said...

Completely agree. Totally creepy! Krisha you are here too? Wow, the three whatever we were together again! Janelle, do you remember staying up all night(well, it seemed like all night) watching Gone with the Wind? Everytime I watch that I think of you.

Ryan said...

To this day, I have yet to see the Wizard of Oz all the way through. Either the Witch's shrill laugh or the flying monkeys always sent me hiding behind the couch in our tv room

Taunya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taunya said...

I completely agree about Labyrinth. David Bowie is just a little too.. odd in that movie. I never liked ET either.

D-dawg said...

Please do not forget the movie Willow. That one freaked me out! I also hate the never ending story. Worst movie ever!!!

Lesley said...

Alice in Wonderland totally creeped/creeps me out! Wierd!!!

Annette Rose said...

I have always thought the same thing... Some of those movies are so creepy. Even Disney movies seem to always have a scary twisted part. Why is that? It kinda ruins the whole movie.