Monday, April 7, 2008

my bathtime battles




Why are my children afraid of the bath tub? Why do they cry and yell if the tiniest drop of water runs close to an eye? Audrey and Reese love bath time...until it is time to rinse the soap out of their hair, then they turn into 2 screaming monkeys. They won't sit still, they try to jump out of the tub. I have tried to convince Audrey that she is a mermaid....she isn't buying it. Sadie is the opposite of these two. She wants to lay down and stay down. If she slips under the water she bobs back up without so much as a squeak. I do watch her with my eagle eye.
It usually comes down to me, holding the shower handle while hosing them off from head to toe, while they yell for a towel and stomp around and cause a ridiculous fuss. Has anyone heard of water boarding??

Here is evidence of Reese, jumping into the deep end w/a huge smile on his face...but there is something about the bathtub. I don't know what it is.

1 comment:

D-dawg said...

Our children are twins. Lexi and Logan are huge babies in the tub. They are finally getting a little bit better. I mean, they can totally swim but in the bath they are so terrified of getting any soap in their eyes! But then Macey is fine with putting her whole head in... weird.