Friday, April 11, 2008

my savage warriors





I made a "job chart" for Audrey and Reese. This requires effort on my part, reminding them to do their jobs and to mark that they did it. I have 1 month worth of jobs for each of them to complete, jobs like, making bed, clearing dishes etc....that sort of thing. So they finally completed their charts and I told them that we could go pick out a small little toy for all their "hard work". Audrey of course picked a cutesie Disney baby princes, but, much to my dismay, Reese, picked out the most horrifying toy at Big Lots. He fell in love with these hideous figurines called "savage warriors", complete with catapult, deadly swords, crossbow, and chains. I was secretly cringing on the inside. I mean, they had multiple heads, bloody eyes, skulls....But, he was so proud of himself, I tried to convince him to get a Superman ball, a Batman figurine...but he was set on these fierce beasts. I finally relented, after all, I did tell them they could choose what they wanted (as long as it was within our price range.) And he was so happy to carry it out, and he was so excited to show dad. He brought them home and they had a tea party with the baby princesses....
What happened to this guy????

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

JANELLE!! That is hilarious! I'm so sorry your little boy is growing up. Don't worry, it's normal. Logan is totally obsessed with blood and gore. And now Macey kindof is too... so watch our for Sadie! The youngest always learn "too much" from their older siblings. Good job on the charts!

Annette Rose said...

That is so funny! I hate that, you tell them they can get whatever and then I always try to persuade them to get what I like. Way to let him have his way. I hate some of those gross toys too. I keep trying different charts, marble jars, whatever... It seems like I have to change all of the time to keep them motivated. And I'm half the problem, I always forget... So good job!

Lesley said...

Those charts sound like the best idea! That is great! That is funny what Reese picked out! All boy! I love it!