Wednesday, April 23, 2008

my teeth



Thank you mom and dad for your wonderful genes....no, I am not talking about my good looks (which are apparent), I am talking about my teeth. One of my teeth was feeling sore, so I made an appointment with a dentist. Assuming it was a cavity that could be taken care of I went in to the appointment....but, much to my surprise, it WAS NOT a cavity. It was a nerve issue due to my recent sinus problems. I had NO cavities. Now, this might not be amazing to some of you, but it is pretty amazing to me. I haven't had a cavity since I got my braces off (about 14 years ago). Now this amazes me because I am not a very diligent teeth cleaner. I do not have a fancy toothbrush, just one from the dollar store. I go to the dentist once every year if I am not pregnant....then it is longer. I floss my teeth MAYBE 4 times in a year and I eat about 100 pounds of sugar in a year. The only attention and care I put into my teeth is brushing them in the morning and before bed. Twice a day...that is it. Is that all it takes? Considering how little I worry about my teeth, I was just very surprised. So, thank you mom and dad, I can only attribute my teeth success to your superior genetics.

5 comments:

Taunya said...

I'm so glad that's all it was! You are extremely lucky in the teeth department. Wish I had teeth like that, but as Jason would say, "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled the fastest!" :)

dots said...

Mike has the same "blessing" of teeth...I hope my girls inherit those teeth genes!! And the flossing thing, last time the hygenist cleaned Mike's teeth, she said, "You may not have cavities, but you don't want gingivits." (sp???)

MollyE said...

Wow, I love that close-up. You seriously have great teeth! You are so lucky!

karen said...

You have a great smile. :)

D-dawg said...

Janelle, that is great news and you are so lucky. I don't get cavities a ton but I have definitely had some in the last few years. I can't believe you haven't since your braces! Amazing!