Wednesday, April 30, 2008

my latest pet peeve


There is something about a man that is too sculpted, too frosted, too plucked, too layered, that just creeps me out. I just do not understand it. Men should not be "pretty." Don't get me wrong. ...clean, well groomed men are definitely awesome, but I think there is a line that is crossed w/the men pictured above. I don't understand the "rocker" that wears eyeliner. I mean, how "hard core" can you be, how "tough" can you be, if your eyeliner or mascara needs a touch up?

Please, men, no more over-tweezed, sculpted eyebrows or other facial hair....no more highlights, no more "jennifer aniston" hair cuts....and please no more eyeliner!




5 comments:

MollyE said...

Totally agree.

Taunya said...

I completely agree! Especially with the kid who played Troy in High School Musical (dont know his real name). He looks very fake with all that makeup. Manly men are my thing and that means... NO MAKEUP!

Lesley said...

I agree too! Seriously, take off the makeup!

Annette Rose said...

Ooohh.. good one. I totally agree. I get creeped out. I even hate men working at the MAC counter, with tons of makeup on. Its just...yuck! What else can be said?

Katherine said...

Jared Leto is still hot. Even with eye makeup. You have to admit it.

That said, I completely agree. I liked him a lot better on My So-called Life.