Tuesday, November 18, 2008

my 9 year wedding anniversary!


9, yes, 9 years ago Michael and I were married in the SLC temple. Our anniversary was quite comical. I had a slightly frazzled morning/afternoon, and was still trying to get it together by the time mike came home from work. When he walked thru the door he had his eyes covered and then immediately put on his sunglasses at 6pm. He was irritable b/c he had just come from an eye appt. and his pupils were as big as pennies. We were both a little snappy with each other, so, I started to ball and had a violent crying jag...just b/c I was worn out from the day. But as soon as I started crying, Michael immediately melted and dropped everything and wanted to help me. I love my husband b/c he always wants take care of me and help me. He is committed to or relationship and our family. After we both had our little meltdowns (mine was slightly more emotional and large than his)...all was well again. It was just funny to me. We dined on Azteca (one of my favorites here) and watched a movie and ate reese's peanut butter cups until kingdom come.
It was a memorable anniversary. And I am so thankful for our relationship and family:)


5 comments:

dots said...

Happy 9th!! Sorry I added to the hecticness of your life...um...your hubby has the same hairstyle...you obviously don't...something to be said about blond and red...TOTALLY different...

angie said...

You guys are so cute! I am glad you ended up having a good night! Being a mom all day is hard...last night I hid in my room when Pete got home and went to bed at 7:30!

Kelly said...

9 years. Wow you're old! Just kidding. I remember going to your reception. Crazy. Hey, could you plan one more even in November!

krisha said...

So around valentines we know what you were busy doing - making babies:) Was the picture taken before or after the meltdowns because if it was before you look great. Happy Anniversary!

MollyE said...

Loved the story, you guys look super cute. Your hair is the same length except for the bangs, well, and the color. We never know what to do on our anniversary either. Ten for us next month, crazy!!